11111 Wayne Road
Romulus, Michigan 48174
Monday through Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm(Closed 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm)
Carol Maise, City Planner
The Planning Department is responsible for all the planning and zoning services in the City of Romulus. The primary objective of the department is to plan for land use and coordinate the physical development of the City consistent with the policies of the Master Land Use Plan and other adopted policies as established by State and Local laws.
The Planning Department provides assistance and information in the following areas:
- Review of all development and redevelopment proposals-Site Plan Review
- Provide zoning information-Zoning Ordinance review and updating
- Review and updating of the City's Master Land Use Plan
- Rezoning Requests
- Special Land Use requests
- General Land Use information
- Zoning Board of Appeals requests
The Planning Department also serves as the City's liaison to the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
All site plan and Board of Appeals applications are submitted and coordinated through the Planning Department. Copies of the Zoning Ordinance and the Master Use Plan can be purchased at the Planning Department.