11111 Wayne Road
The Department of Human Resources is responsible for the recruitment functions, testing of applicants as well as preparing and certifying lists of applicants who are eligible for positions in each of the City Departments. The City hires employees from these certified lists, which generally remain in effect for a period of one year.
The Department accepts employment applications at all times. If you are interested in employment with the City of Romulus, please complete an employment application and mail or hand deliver it to our office. Applications are kept on file for one year.
In addition to these hiring responsibilities, the Romulus Department of Human Resources is also generally responsible for:
- The negotiation, administration and implementation of the collective bargaining agreements with each of the City's Unions.
- Assisting City Directors and supervisors with employees relations and with the processing of union grievances.
- Administering Worker's Compensation for City employees.
- Administering Health, Dental, Optical and Life Insurance, and other contractual benefits for City employees and City retirees.
- Administration of COBRA and unemployment benefits.
- Maintenance of employee personnel files.
- Other Personnel duties, including such services as may be requested by the Mayor and City Council.