The Romulus Police Department strives to continue as a professional, proactive, and service oriented law enforcement agency. Our focus is on problem oriented and community oriented policing which is embodied in our Mission Statement, "to protect the lives and property of the community we serve, to reduce the occurrences and fear of crime, and to enhance the safety of the public while partnering with our community. Our mandate is to do so with integrity, honor, respect, and compassion; while at all times conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards to forever maintain our community's trust and confidence."
The men and women who comprise the Romulus Police Department are committed to enhancing the quality of life and lessen the criminal fears of all citizens, business leaders, and visitors.
The Romulus Police Department is divided into two divisions, the Patrol Operations Division and the Support Services Division.
- Both Divisions are overseen by a Deputy Chief
- A Captain is responsible for directing the overall day to day operations of the uniformed division, the 911 Dispatch Center, ensuring policy implementation, in-service training, research, and police equipment.
- The Administrative Lieutenant is responsible for the overall operations of the Records bureau, FOIA, hiring, the Field Training Program, development and Special Services.
- The Operations Division currently consists of the Uniformed Patrol, Special Services, 911 Dispatch Center, and the Records/Support Services Bureau.
- The Investigative Services Division consists of the Detective Bureau, Undercover Operations, and School Resource Operations.