The mission of the Romulus Fire Department is to protect the quality of life for present and future generations through compassionate interaction with our community, an atmosphere that encourages innovation, professionalism, and unparalleled customer service.
Exemplary Fire Protection
The City of Romulus is dedicated to providing its residents with exemplary fire safety and protection services. The Romulus Fire Department provides the highest level of life safety and property protection through Fire Prevention, Public Education, Fire Suppression, Hazardous Material Incident Response, and Emergency Medical Services.
The City staffs two stations at the Northern and Southern boundaries of Romulus. Firefighters respond from Headquarters which is located at 28777 Eureka Road and/or Station Number 2 located at 7221 Middlebelt Road.
The Department currently has two full-time Chief Officers, 21 career firefighter positions, support staff, on-call Battalion Chief, and 1 part-time firefighter. The Fire Department also has one part-time Fire Inspector to assist the Chief of Fire Prevention.
Firefighters are trained and certified by the State of Michigan. They are on duty around the clock for emergencies involving fire, extrication, severe weather, rescues, hazardous materials, and other dangerous situations.
Important Fire Department Documents
- Application for Installation of Fire Alarm System (PDF)
- Application For Installation of Fire Suppression System (PDF)
- Application for Mobile Food Truck Trailer Permit (PDF)
- Application For Installation of Radio Communication System (PDF)
- City of Romulus Emergency Preparedness Ordinance (PDF)
- Contractor Registration Form (PDF)
- FEMA Threat, Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Guide (PDF)
- FEMA Youth Preparedness Catalog (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Citizen Request Form (PDF)
- Help Us Find You (PDF)
- Inspection Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Mobile Food Vendor Form (PDF)
- Open Burn Permit and Ordinance PDF
- Open Burning Ordinance (PDF)
- Parking Variance Request Form - City of Romulus Fire Department (PDF)
- RFD Cadet Application and Questionair (PDF)
- Romulus Fire Department Request for Support Services (PDF)
- Romulus Fire Department Ride Along Packet (PDF)
- Site Plan Application Packet (PDF)
- Smoke Detector Application (PDF)
- State of Michigan Family Preparedness Guide (PDF)