The City of Romulus Treasurer's Office is responsible for collecting all monies payable to the city, including property taxes, permit fees, license fees, and program fees.
Property taxes are levied on your taxable value, which is issued by the Assessor's Office every February. Property taxes are mailed out twice a year, on July 1st, and December 1st. No tax payments are accepted after February 28th. Tax payments after February 28th are made payable only to the Wayne County Treasurer.
|October 1 to October 30||Summer||0.5%||0%|
|November 1 to February 14||Summer||0.5%||0%|
|February 14 to February 28||Summer||0.5%||3%|
|February 14 to February 28||Winter||1%||3%|
Paying Your Property Taxes
There are various ways to pay your property taxes, including:
- At one of our 24-hour drop boxes: We have two drop boxes, one located outside the main entrance doors of the City Hall building, and the other drop box is located at the curb near the entrance ramp to the City Hall building. Please be sure to include the address or the property tax ID number on your check so that we credit the right property. Please do not submit cash through the drop box.
- At the window: We are open Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 4 pm.
- By mail: Send your check/money order to:
City of Romulus Treasurer's Office
11111 Wayne Road
Romulus, MI 48174
- Online Tax Payment - You may pay by credit card or electronic check. A fee is levied by the payment servicer for the use of this service.
- Over the Phone Credit Card Payments - call 855-798-1521 to make a credit card payment over the phone. A fee is levied by the payment servicer for the use of this service.
Summer Property Taxes
Summer property taxes are due no later than September 30th, unless the due date falls on a weekend, then they are due the next business day by 4 pm.
Winter Property Taxes
Winter property taxes are due no later than February 14th, unless the due date falls on a weekend, then they are due the next business day by 4 pm.
Note: The City of Romulus does not accept postmarks, so be sure to schedule your payment appropriately.
Other Fees & Services
- Dump Permits for Woodland Meadows are available for $18 for each load. Double axle requires two permits.
- Notary service is available. $5 per document fee for residents, $10 per document fee for non-residents.
City Ordinance requires all dogs in the city to be licensed. License fees are as follows:
- 1 year license - $7
- 2 year license - $12
- 3 year license - $15
Please note: There is a licensed discount for Senior Citizens and for sterilized animals.