Want to be a Vendor?

Options for Selling Prepared Foods

MI Cottage Food Law- Cook at home

Make prepared food in your own home to sell at the market. Must be non-potentially hazardous foods that do not require time and/or temperature controls for safety. Product must be properly labeled. Cottage Food CAN NOT be sold online!


Licensed Kitchen- Rent kitchen space

Make prepared food in a licensed kitchen to sell at the market. It is the responsibility of the market vendor to seek out an appropriate space and make arrangements accordingly. 

Health Department License- Cook on-site at the Market

Obtain a temporary food license from the Health Department to cook and prepare ready-to-eat food at the market. On-site inspection required. Contact the Wayne County Health Department directly for more information: 
734-727-7100 or visit https://www.waynecounty.com/departments/hhvs/wellness/food-service-licensing.aspx

Food Trucks- Cook on-site at the Market

All food truck vendors must comply with the local, county and state permitting requirements.

Pre-inspection approval with local Fire Department is mandatory, must show proof of liability insurance, Mobile Food Service License Registration with the State of Michigan and Health Department License.

Romulus Fire Department permit links

Application for Mobile Food Truck Trailer Permit: https://www.romulusgov.com/DocumentCenter/View/984/Application-for-Mobile-Food-Truck-Trailer-Permit-PDF?bidId

Mobile Food Vendor Form: https://www.romulusgov.com/documentcenter/view/523

Wayne County Health Department permit link:


The City of Romulus Downtown Development Authority reserves the right to deny any and all vendors who do not show valid proof of compliance